Quick reservation is a one page reservation feature to make reservations & check-ins quicker.
- Click on Calendar at the top click on Calendar. Then click on the date when you want to make a reservation.
- Once the date is clicked it will navigate to the reservation page which is shown below:
Quick reservation consists of ten blocks which is listed below:
Enter the reservation details.
- Arrival & departure date will fix the range of days the guest will be staying.
- No of night will calculate automatically depends on Arrival & departure dates.
- Enter the number of Guests to register the number of adults staying.
- Enter the number of Children to register how many children will be staying.
- Children Free Stay is mainly used to intimate housekeeping staffs to arrange things for the children’s who is below preassigned age.(e.g.: below 4 years).
Enter the Guest basic details such as First name, Last name, Address and Email ID in this block. If the guest is already in the guest list then enter the first and last name and click on TAB. The details of the guest will be popup and click on that guest name.
Status & Auto Email
- Status gives the details about what will be the current status of the booking which going to be.
- Enable Auto Email if you would like to send the auto email response. To add / edit / configure Set Up>> Advanced>> letters>> Reservation letters
There are a set of template which you can choose from. To add a new auto response email, Click the ADD button below.
To edit an existing template click on the pencil icon next to the email template.
To configure (set up when to send), click on Auto Mail.
On the Auto email screen, Click on the pencil (edit icon) to select when to send it. You can choose the event and time interval after which you want the auto response email to be sent.
- Status can be viewed in Calendar. The color codes interpretation can be seen on top of the calendar view.
- Auto Email can be viewed whether it has been sent and opened under Quick Reservation>>History tab.
- This feature will assign rooms to the reservation.
- We can add multiple rooms (ctrl+ click on the particular rooms).
- Room type can be setup under Setup>> Basic >>Room type.
- A room type can have multiple room names. Individual rooms can be set under Setup>>Unit setup.
- Select any Group code. Group code feature is used to book multiple rooms for a range of dates and make a single person to pay all the billings. It can be setup in Reservation>>Group booking.
- Select the name of the Direct Billing client. Direct Billing feature will add all the room charges to the company’s bill. It can be enabled under Add on Features >>Company ledger. Below the credit limit only we can make direct billing.
- Agent code feature is a third party dealing interface between customer and hotel management. It can be setup under Add on Features>>Travelling Agent. Commission will be given to agent based on commission types under Addon Features>>Travelling Agent.
- Share room feature will share a single room on a particular day with N no of customers. It can be viewed in Charts in the form of reservation number. By clicking on ‘’Share With’’, Quick Reservation Screen will be opened. For the same Reservation ID and room name another reservation for different person can be made which is shown below :
- Referral is information about the hotel from any secondary source like friends, newspapers, magazine…etc. For Referrals, commissions are not applicable to any secondary sources. It can be setup in Unit Setup>> Advanced>> Referral Types.
- In payment type, payments can be done in either cash or card. Payment type can be set under Setup>> Accounts>>Inventory items>>Items.
Select “Payments” under Master Group name drop down menu.
- If cash is set as payment type then credit card information is not necessary.
- Credit card setup can be done under Setup>>Accounts>>Credit card type.
- View is used to see the information which has been given in the credit card field. After clicking on the View button enter the credit card password and click on “Submit” button.
- We can also verify the Credit Card details of the guest by making settings under Setup>>Front office>>Accounts>>Credit card.
- Credit Card Setup & Validations Screen will be displayed which is shown below:
- “Select Rates” option will be visible only when single unit has been selected. If multiple rooms are selected Select Rates option will not be visible. We can select different rates for a room name with this feature.
- “Unit Rate” is the per room rate which has been setup under Setup>>Front office >>Basic>> Unit setup. If any changes are made in unit rate it will affect Tax calculation and Room Total. Only “Regular rates” will be taken for Unit Rate for reservation unless Seasonal rate has been fixed for that particular date and unit.
- “Room Total” is the price to be paid for all the rooms which have been reserved.
- “Extra Person Charges” will be added when the “No of guest” exceeds the fixed No. of Guest. The fixed number of guest can be assigned under Setup>>Basic>>Rate Setup.Note: This will also affect the TAX calculation.
- “Discount” option is used to make discounts for the customer. It can be setup in Setup>> Front Office >>Accounts>>Inventory Items>> Discounts.
Then go to Items Tab on top
- Tax can be set up under Setup>> Basic>>Taxes.
- Taxes which are made as true in tax list that list of taxes only will display in reservation.
- We can split the tax in billing screen by enable the option under Setup>>Front office>>Default settings and enable Tax breakdown.
- For implementing that taxes into rooms we need to setup in Setup>> Basic>>Unit Setup.
Click on the Room name
- “Post Tax total” is the total after addition of taxes with room and miscellaneous rates.
- “Total paid” field will display the amount which is paid by the Guest.
- “Amount due” field will show the remaining amount that the customer has to pay.
Any needs and special request from the guest can be noted down at the notes section.
Quick Reservation buttons
- ADD button will add a new Reservation. Click Save before clicking Add to save the current Reservation.
- SAVE button will save the reservation without exiting from the page but SAVE & CLOSE will save and close the reservation.
- The Billing button will be enabled only when the reservation has been made. In the billing screen the current reservation’s entire Guest, Room Information, Payment and Charges details will be displayed.
- New payments and other charges can also be added in billing screen.
- Room rate can be changed but taxes cannot be edited.
- Print feature is used to take printout of the billing screen.
- Send Email feature will send the billing details to that Guest through Email. The Email will be sent to the email address which was entered in the guest details during the reservation.
Guest, Guest image, Guest doc
- Click the Guest button to see the guest information which can also be edited.
- The Guest image can be captured through the interface (web cam or similar) and the scanned documents can also be saved in the Guest profile.
- The Letter feature will send the email responses like confirmation email, thank you email. This can be edited under Setup>> Advanced>> Letters>> Reservation Letters.
- Delete button will delete the entire reservation.Note: Deleted reservation cannot be found using Find Reservation also.
History tab will show the activity log of the selected reservation in the chronological order. You can click on the Letter sent, E signature and Invoice printed to see the pages in detail.